A fine art is the manifestation of creative ingenuity. It is a form of artistic eloquence. It is an art which demands skills. The fundamental element of fine arts involves liberating the power of expression from within. Every human has plethora of emotions and insight and fine art is one mechanism of combining them with rational aptitude. It often refers to the arts which have visual effect Indian dance and music is living symbols of the spiritual awakening of the human soul and it’s longing for enlightens.
The necessity of women’s education and women’s college was realized by the founder late smt. Krishnaveni Vivekanandan and S.T.E.T.Women’s College was started on 27th August 1994 by our benevolent Managing Trustee Dr.V.Dhivaharan,M.Sc.,Ph.D.,D.E.M., who firmly understood that the villages in Tamilnadu depend upon the service of self financing colleges. With the blessings of Lord Sri Balavidhya ganapathy, it has set its foot path in the 17th year.
From the academic year 1997, Bharathidasan University insisted the inclusion of part four extension education in the UG curriculum. A fine art is one of the part IV educations.
- To protect and preserve vanishing arts, documentation of rare arts and improving the performance of artists.
- To create an aesthetic consciousness among the students with their active participation.
- To provide opportunities for the youth to develop their skills and abilities in various arts.
- To enable the students express their hidden talents.
- To make students realize that individuals could contribute to larger goal by doing their best.
- To motivate and to channelize the students in a positive way to participate in various inter college competitions with challenges.
- To perpetuate the divine arts of music and dance among the students to build them up in spiritual strength and self discipline.
FUNCTIONAL PERSPECTIVES OF FINE ARTS CLUB
- Fine arts curriculum has been expended year by year. The club aims at preserving, promoting and popularizing the cultural treasures of our mother land. It proceeds diligent with deep commitment in the path paved by our magnanimous and omnipotent managing trustee for promoting the Indian fine art forms.
- Classical Dance and musical classes are conducted by well versed tutors for the interested candidates. Instrument classes are also configured by trained professionals to inculcate artistic excellence. Students can indulge themselves in various instrument classes such as Keyboard, Guitar, Violin, Veena, Drums etc.
- Every Year Fine arts week namely STET FIESTA is celebrated as a remembrance of our divine mother Smt.Krishnaveni Ammal, (founder, S.T.E.T. women’s College) in the month of January. Students enthusiastically participate in various contests. Among the participants, prize winners for first three places are selected according to their performing excellence by a team of experts after thorough scrutinization.